My Person makes banana bread!! You might note that this bread was made with ingredients that were not purchased on the TJ trip, but since it was made with things that My Person already had in her kitchen, it’s only slightly cheating. Plus no money was spent and less food will go to waste – win-win!
My Person had two rotten bananas and Other Person is always begging for banana bread, so it was time for this to happen. My Person eats cheerios for breakfast, so since this was only for Other Person, My Person made half the usual recipe.
When My Person is in the kitchen, I sit at her feet and hope that maaaaaybe, just maybe, she’ll drop something today.
The (half) recipe:
1/2 a stick of butter (1/4 of a cup)
1/2 cup sugar
2 rotten bananas
3/4 cups flour
pinch and half of baking soda
pinch of salt
little bit of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash rotten bananas and add eggs and beat
- In mixer, mix butter and sugar
- Add banana/egg mixture to the mixer bowl and mix
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
- Pour this dry mix into the wet mix in the mixer bowl and mix
- Add vanilla
- Pour into buttered pan
- Cook for 60 minutes or until done.